Saturday, 10 January 2009

Excuse my French


I love this phrase. the only problem is that i dont know any real French, both the language french and to what this phrase points to. i get tongue tied when it comes to swear words. There are times when you have to vent out that extra burst of anger or shout or display your boiling reactions inside. it has to come out once in a while. i tell myself its okay to say it. That that particular moment wont really decide that i have won an eternal trip to hell (that would be HELL). still etiquette and my strict rules have to be followed.


However, as i mentioned before, the need to speak some french is not more harmful than the bombs being thrown, lives being taken around the world. So i came up with alternatives for myself. Like what the duck, what the puck, what the yuck, what the fish(i picked this one from somewhere).....

lets play a game. pick the odd one out

ANNNNDDD (stretching it long enough, it comes out as a musical and) you have won a ticket to Honolulu. come on now dont make faces, its Hawaiiii!!! :p

Coming back, I chose to sacrifice a duck and a fish into this! i hardly ever remember 'yuck' so that's totally out. As for the 'puck', its the odd one out you so correctly answered. well i picked that from A Midsummer Night's Dream. remember? I have to be a bit classy you know.
Before I conclude let me warn you, if you by any chance come across me shouting my french just don't get bewildered :p Though i haven't really used my version of french in public! :D

17 comments:

uglyduckling91 said...

I say fish sometimes. Lol. And then said Puck a lot jab school play main tha. :D

Mubi said...

hehe, i hope u didnt get to play puck :p i m guessing since u said puck a lot :p

m.h.a said...

Every month i make this resolution that i wont swear and then i dont for a while...but then something or the other happens and it all starts flowing again. Btw, i know all about your french and your recent use of REAL FRENCH too...lol...good going, at this rate you'll finally catch me coz i'm on the no swearwords policy these days...btw you've to excuse Mahru's french for sure...haina? And half of it is thanx to me... :(..i like fish and duck..funny...a friend used to say what the fudge and another W.T.F, sounds strange when you say it lol..

Asma Ahsan said...

Hi - Nice blog.

I Hope you will visit my new blog:

http://youhavebeentagged.blogspot.com/

Ubeee said...

there was once a time when i didn't sweared ... but now i think swearing is like a blessing ... it saves me beating the hell out of others or from being beaten :p ....

but from the last 6 months i have stopped doing it ... i use better words like ...

What the F ...
what theeeeeeee fineeee

and use words like freaking and stuff rather then you know what i mean ;) ... the F WORDS :p

misspecs said...

Oh, i say 'duck you, fitch' a lot. ;)

Just kidding. LOL.

Tazeen said...

swearing can be good for your health, i say go for it,

uglyduckling91 said...

Lol. NO! I was moonshine thing. :P But then the play got canceled. :D

DuFFeR said...

cant alter the Punjabi version of all these my sayings :D

Mubi said...

mha, that shouldnt have leaked out:p i dont excuse her anytime!!!

asma, thanks. sure

ubee, lol, so you do it to save urself from getting beaten up huh :p
does that defense system work :p

specy, lol..that kinda is a tongue twister nai? :p

tazeen, hehe advice noted :p

beaugly, aww i loved moonshine :D

Mubi said...

Dee, alter the ones i have mentioned?

Ubeee said...

yeah it does save ... u shud try it sometimes ;) ... lolz

hfm said...

ohh, geez.
My french needs to be minded quite a bit.I think it's all part of freedom of expression, I use euphemisms but they're sometimes redundant when you're pretty angry.
:|

lost in rome said...

lol aww moby no i like ur french, da real thing.. u made me so happy.. plz dont stop da french..

lakin u shud, cmon be a gud girl n set example for us alll lol

Nikki. said...

hmmmm seems to be a good idea not only sometimes can u make a fool out of urself when ur doing this in public n plus u can vomit out all what u wanted to say in ur own version ;)

soniayesha said...

It’s among one of the my this year's resolutions that i have to detach my self from this French influence as far as possible
Btw... Fish reminds me that in my school days to irritate my friends i used to say as u fish instead of as u wish:D

Mubi said...

rainy, euphemism way healthier i tell you :p

nikki, thanks for visiting :)

soniayesha, hehe best of luck. its hard to keep :p

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

concept by exquisite =]