Need i say i m overwhelmed with joy on being tagged once again (that reminds me i still have another pending tag post :/) Here and now, i was tagged by Specy to write of 8 such places within Pakistan where i would want to own a house. This is going to be fun!
The McCains own 13 cars, eight homes and have access to a corporate jet. If you were as insanely rich as them, where would your eight homes be and why?
The only rule is: The homes must be within the borders of the country you live in, so as to utterly emulate the McCains.
When you’re done, tag 8 people, so that they may join in the self-indulgence, forgetting about the crappy property market and the equivalent of The End of Pompeii on Wall-Street. You could spend your time hammering your doors and windows shut in preparation for the Apocalypse, but this meme is so much more fun!
1. A city by the sea remains one such place where my heart melts. Since i have Pakistan as the only choice, it has to be Karachi. just cos it has a sea :D
2. I have never really been to the northern areas of Pakistan but i'd LOVE to be there. So the first one that always comes to my mind is Hunza Valley :D How beautiful and serene it would be to live among the ice capped mountain peaks.
3. Somewhere in Pakistan( no idea where, suggest please :D ) where there is a breath taking view of mountains with a river flowing along side, or a lake or a tiny body of water( whatever comes next to a lake :p)
4. Lahore. i live here yes thats right. But i have always wanted to live a life in the, Androon Shehr, the walled city of Lahore. Now its a bit in ruins, congested like never before. Whenever i visit the narrow, maze like streets and find myself going into one after the other, i get a feeling; a strange bizarre feeling of travelling back in time. There is a lot of history embedded in those wooden doors, huge narrow strair cases, the marvelous gates of which only a few remain now.
5. Village. i dont really know which village ( a detailed post on this later perhaps) I would want to own a place in a country side, sit somewhere among the fields and then read out the poems of Wordsworth to myself, or some folklore, listen to some melodious flute being played at a distance.
6. Shimshal. I googled a place where i would find fields of barley. Shimshal is the place, near to Hunza i think, so practically it would be easy for me to commute between shimshal and hunza :D What joy it would be to live near barley fields, listen to Sting's song fields of barley. Not only that Shimshal has mountains, river, good trekking place, home to snow leopards and other such exotic animals. Perfect i say :)
7. Peshawar has to be on the list. For a couple of reasons, one of them being Chitral and Kalash people residing there. I love the clothing, their black robes with colourful embroidery that their women wear( nothing else, they have weird customs!)8. Haleji lake. A beautiful place to the eyes and especially on this list because it is a wetland bird sanctuary.hence a great place for bird watchers :D I would probably find some piece of land to build a small place there( illegal?)
i invite summer/illusion/lunatic( summer n illusion never continued the previous tags so i tag lunatic), lost, exquisite, duffer, rainy(HFM), smiley, A.joe, walking through to make their wish list.